Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Handiham World for 26 March 2008

Welcome to Handiham World!

I hope you didn't miss us too much last week! No matter how we announce our departures from the usual schedule, some readers and listeners always seem to miss the news and ask us where their weekly Handiham World went. I guess it's better to be missed than to have no one notice!

This morning I ran across an interesting item in the usual scan of Google news during morning coffee: "Wave-powered skipper chats on Ham radio". Of course I had to follow that link, which took me to Practical Boat Owner Magazine and a story about sailor-adventurer Kenichi Horie, who, it turns out, is about a week into a voyage from Hawaii to Japan in a most unique wave-powered craft. I couldn't find anything about this on the ARRL website, but I must say I'm curious, and it would be fun to listen for Kenichi Horie on the HF bands. But where? And what's his callsign?