Welcome to Handiham World.
In this edition:
- Spring strategizing
- The week's question: Plan to get rid of the rat's nest.
- Life in an apartment doesn't mean ditching contesting!
- Check into our daily nets. And get the time right!
- Take a dip in the pool: Exploding capacitors are not a good thing.
- The Remote Base HF report: Both stations go off the air as Murphy makes the rounds.
- QCWA Journal for March is available in audio.
- ...And more!
But first... Spring strategies
Spring begins for realsies on March 21, but "meteorological spring" in northern climates more or less tracks the months of March, April, and May. In that sense, we have now entered the spring season here in North America, and it will be underscored this coming Sunday, March 8, when we return to Daylight Saving Time.
As spring really begins to set in, you will notice that band conditions change, especially on 75 meters and 160 meters. These bands are typically easiest to use in the winter when there are long nights and less solar absorption.