Welcome to Handiham World.
In this edition:
- The Paperless Amateur Radio license: Should you worry?
- You might need an old-fashioned file folder after all.
- Check into our daily nets.
- Take a dip in the pool.
- Amateur Radio Newsline is now on Facebook
- The Remote Base HF report.
- Looking for an existing HF net? Try PICONET.
- ...And more!
The Amateur Radio license goes paperless: It happens this month.
I'm sure you've heard it by now: The FCC will no longer be issuing paper copies of Amateur Radio licenses. This cost-saving change goes into effect this month - February 17, in fact - and will save both money and staff time for the FCC. It affirms what has already existed in practice, which is that the FCC's ULS record is the official proof of licensure, not the printed paper license.