Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Handiham World for 27 December 2007

Greetings from my work at home office and ham shack!

Welcome to the final edition of your Handiham World for the year 2007. Yes, I know I'm a day late, but since I'm on vacation this week between the holidays, family and friends are taking most of my time and I expect most of our readers and listeners are also enjoying similar laid-back schedules.

2007 has been quite a year. We celebrated 40 years of Handihams - Our thanks to everyone who helped with Handiham audio, including Linda, N7HVF, and all of our volunteers. We still plan to stream some of this audio and make it available to you online.

This brings me to the latest news on the Handiham server. Our volunteers Phil Temples, K9HI, and Phil McNamara, N1XTB, who have been donating server space and maintaining the system, plan to move the entire website to a new computer. Although we will try to make this as painless to our users as possible, this is a really big project and I expect that good old Murphy (of Murphy's Law fame) will be right there helping us! Our affiliated club, the Stillwater Amateur Radio Association, has a website that has already been moved to a new machine.

Read more online, or listen in!